Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Motivation

Motivation - what gets you out of bed in the morning or helps you run for that extra minute when you legs are burning!!!

I thought I may have lost complete care and motivation but I just finished soccer training (far out it was cold) and now I feel good!

Weight Watchers says that there are five factors that help find motivation:
  1. Harness group support - I think I lack at this factor. I am hoping that WW at work will help with the discipline, drive and determination that you get from group support.
  2. Write your goals down - I do have goals and how I'd reward them in my head but I think I should write them down so here goes:
    Goal 1 75 kg - reward with new running shoes and boy do I need them)
    Goal 2 73 kg - reward with a high visibility bike riding top (long sleeves as it is getting chilly)
    Goal 3 71.5 kg - reward with a facial
    Goal 4 70 kg - reward with some black boots (if I can afford them, my rewards are adding up)
    Goal 5 69.9 kg - this is my goal weight. I will reward myself by purchasing a full length mirror.
    Goal 6 LIFETIME MEMBERSHIP - I would love a weekend away with my man. We live in Tasmania and there are so many gorgeous places to go. I think I will pick Strahan.

    I know my goals are in very small increments but I am aware of just how slowly I am loosing it and when I get to the last five, they are always the hardest to lose.
  3. Visualise what you want - I use to do this and I believe it works. I should do it again. I know that mentally I might set myself up for failure. Thinking - arrgh well you never lose it so why do you think you will this time.
  4. Don't set the bar too high - I think this is what went wrong last time I did Weight Watchers. I remember wanting to be 67 kg and it is impossible for me. People who set unrealistic weight goals become demotivated. I think 69.9 is achievable?
  5. Aim to avoid comparison - mmm.. hitting a weight loss plateau, feeling like other people are doing better than you or simply finding the regime harder than thought = demotivating. I must understand why my end goal is important to me and hold it in my mind.
Very interesting don't you think. I', heading to bed early. I'm hoping to make it to boot campt. I slept in yesterday (by choice) and didn't go.

Skinny thoughts...

No comments:

Post a Comment